shrug-l: FW: Upcoming Webinar: Putting Maps and Geographic Data on the Web

Milla, Katherine A. katherine.milla at famu.edu
Fri Jan 8 15:52:38 EST 2010

FYI for all you Shruggies

km

Katherine Milla, PhD, GISP
Center for Water Quality
103B Perry-Paige Bldg
Florida A&M University
Tallahassee, FL  32307

ph. 850-412-7004
fax. 850-561-2221

From: National NEMO Network Principles, Techniques and Challenges.
[mailto:NEMO-L at LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU] On Behalf Of Dickson, David
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 2:58 PM
To: NEMO-L at LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU
Subject: Upcoming Webinar: Putting Maps and Geographic Data on the Web

NEMOids,

I thought you might be interested in this webinar we are doing in a
couple weeks. (Sorry if you were caught in the overlap of my emails to
other lists.)

-Dave

______

Join us January 21 for a webinar:
An Introduction to Putting Maps & Geographic Data on the Web

This brief and painless webinar will provide a quick introduction to
techniques for putting maps and geographic data on the web.  We'll be
giving an overview of the range of these rapidly evolving techniques,
which fuse geographic information system (GIS) and internet
technologies. The primary focus will be on "mashups," which utilize
free, interactive earth browsers (Google Earth, Google Maps, Bing Maps)
to display data and related information over the web. During the webinar
we'll introduce basic methods for creating a mashup and visit a number
of examples from around the web, live and without a safety net!

This introductory webinar is the first in a series by the University of
Connecticut Center for Land Use Education and Research (CLEAR), as a
part of a multi-year project funded by USDA/NIFA.  The webinars and
related workshops are designed for members of the USDA/NIFA National
Water Quality Integrated Program, NOAA Sea Grant, and NOAA National
Estuarine Research Reserve networks.

Sign up, and get a feel for how this technology can help you in your
work. All in a mere 45 minutes of your time!

Title:          An Introduction to Putting Maps & Geographic Data on the
Web
Date:          Thursday, January 21, 2010
Time:          2:00 PM - 2:45 PM EST

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/440808234

David Dickson
Department of Extension
Center for Land use Education And Research (CLEAR)
University of Connecticut
(860) 345-5228
david.dickson at uconn.edu<mailto:david.dickson at uconn.edu>
http://clear.uconn.edu<http://clear.uconn.edu/>