shrug-l: Looking for stories about Field Automation Deployments both Good and Bad

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Jul 20 17:46:33 EDT 2010

Hey Guys,

I am teaching the Field Force Automation workshop at URISA's annual
conference in Orlando this year. I have taught several times in the past
and am the steward of this workshop. Before each opportunity I have to
teach this workshop, I always try to update the real world
implementation examples of field/mobile technology projects so they stay
current and give attendees some real examples of what works and what
doesn't.

So if you are using field/mobile solutions to collect, edit, view or
otherwise use data and would like to share them with me for use in the
workshop please let me know. They do not have to be GIS centric or based
on any vendor specific platform. What I am looking for is a basic write
up which should include the following:

1.      What the problem or issue was that this technology addressed

2.      What technologies did you use?

3.      What worked and what did not.

4.      Cost involved and ROI

Some screen shots would be great if possible but not required. This is a
chance to get your work recognized and help others that are trying to
implement similar solutions. So if you are willing to share your stories
for use in this workshop please let me know. I appreciate the help and I
am sure the workshop attendees will as well.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Immediate Past President

Georgia URISA

URISA Chapter Relations Committee Member

Florida URISA Member