shrug-l: Juno and Garmin

Badner, Jessica, DCA jessica.badner at state.nm.us
Wed Jul 21 12:24:17 EDT 2010

Riffing off the Juno thread-

Our organization has been looking for small light weight "emergency" or
stop gap instruments for archaeological survey-situations when we don't
want to, or can't use the Trimble. I was told by a dealer that Juno is
not as shock resistant etc. as the GEO XH. ie you need to treat it like
a cell phone. We don't go throwing our instruments around but odd things
occasionally happen, and for our purposes I wonder if a Garmin device at
less cost would fit the bill-obviously the precision isn't the same.
Does anyone out there use a Garmin professionally and are you able to
export point data, (or more than point data) in a from that can
eventually end up being a dbf4 or shape file. If so, can you specify
projection in the export?

Jessica Badner
Project Director
Office of Archaeological Studies

Joseph C. Halpin Building
404 Montezuma St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501

505-982-1375

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.