shrug-l: Juno and Garmin

Jim Robeson jim at gpserv.com
Wed Jul 21 14:13:39 EDT 2010

The Juno is not as rugged or water tight as the geo XH.  The Geo XH is a
fairly high end Mapping GPS with a cost over $5,000.   The Juno is very cost
effective with a 3 MP camera and the ability to run TerraSync or ArcPad.
With application software you gain the ability to display background data as
well as create features with attributes.   As for the Juno's ability to take
a drop, the Otter Box case that is custom built for it will not take an
immersion but will greatly improve the shock absorption.  My opinion, the
Juno with the Otter Box will take a drop better then the Geo XH without such
a case.

Regards,

Jim Robeson

James M. Robeson

Mapping/GIS Sales, Trimble Certified Trainer

GPServ, Inc.

Tallahassee Office

Phone (850) 656-6075

Cell (850) 212-0030
Fax (850) 656-1350

 <mailto:Jim at gpserv.com> mailto:Jim at gpserv.com

 <http://www.gpserv.com/> GPServ.com

New Corporate Office

621 Brookhaven Drive

Orlando, FL  32803-2503

Phone:                  407-601-5816 (new)

Fax:                      407-601-5826 (new)

Toll Free:              888-782-1997 (no change)

Products:  Trimble Mapping, Trimble Survey, ESRI, Leica HDS Laser Scanners,
LTI, Ricoh, Laser Craft, SECO