shrug-l: Disappearing Models

Sandell, Keith M. sandell.keith at mail.dc.state.fl.us
Thu May 6 09:42:54 EDT 2010

Hey Shruggers,

I recently started noticing some odd behavior with some personal
toolboxes that I created.

When I open the toolboxes I expect to see some model(s) that I know
without any doubt whatsoever where there when I closed the toolbox, but
they do not appear. I've tried refreshing the directory containing the
toolbox and even restarting Catalog, but they do appear. So I'm left
with no alternative, but to rebuild them.

And then to add insult to injury I go back into the same toolbox a day
later and the model that was MIA is back, from where I don't know, but I
know I didn't give it permission to take a vacation. And I know I am the
"only" person that has permission to access the toolboxes' directory,
the only person who knows it exists and the only person that knows where
it is; so I think I can rule out other people playing games.

It's not an event that can be recreated at will because it seems to
follow the ebb and flow of the ghosts in the machine. One thing of note
however, the models all "solely" contained some interdependent python
scripts, i.e. a fairly simple script that is a precondition to another
that is a more complex.

Has anyone else ever experience this type of issue? If so, have you any
thoughts...

Thanks

Keith Sandell, MBA

Management Analyst

Bureau of Probation and Parole Field Services

Office of Community Corrections

Florida Department of Corrections

2601 Blair Stone Road

Tallahassee, Florida 32399

Phone: (850) 410-3045

Fax: (850) 487-4427

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon

This electronic message may contain protected health record/care
information intended for addressee(s) only. Unauthorized release or
disclosure may violate state and/or federal law.