shrug-l: Disappearing Models

Moore, Chris P. Chris.P.Moore at dep.state.fl.us
Thu May 6 10:19:16 EDT 2010

I have had something similar happen before:

Knowing you can store toolboxes pretty much anywhere you want, the only place that seems persistent to all ArcMap projects is storing the models in your local user folder on the C drive. In my case it's "C:\Documents and Settings\Moore_CP\Application Data\ESRI\ArcToolbox\My Toolboxes".

In other locations, especially if you are accessing them from ArcMap, they seem to be bound to the specific MXD that you used it/created it with. I access mine from ArcCatalog more often and don't' see this as much, but there's my 2 cents.

Chris Moore, GISP
Data Administration Analyst
Water Information Technology Services (WITS)/GIS
BMC, Room 165-D, MS3511
Ph (850) 245-8051