shrug-l: URISA International Special New Membership Offer for existing Local Chapter Members, GISPs, or GISCorp Volunteers

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Nov 1 17:24:31 EDT 2010

During GIS-Pro 2010 in Orlando at the Chapter Leaders Forum and also
during the Chapter Roll Call, we talked about ways to reach out to
chapter members who were not members of URISA International. One of the
ideas that was presented and received full support of the board was the
development of an Introductory Membership option to those individuals
who are URISA Chapter members, GISPs, and GISCorps volunteers who are
not currently a member of URISA International.  Greatly expanding the
URISA Community will assist with advocacy efforts (a stronger voice to
address your primary professional concerns); grow the expertise and
knowledge base of our organization; allow for more collaboration, and
attract more sponsoring organizations to help support our educational
efforts.

In summary, we are offering $20 full professional membership (valid
through December 31, 2011) to any chapter member, GISP or GISCorp
volunteer who has not been a member of URISA International within the
past two years.  The value of a URISA membership far exceeds the normal
$175 registration, so this offer is an extraordinary value to your
chapter members. We have posted the details of the Introductory
Membership Offer online: http://www.urisa.org/intro_membership

I encourage you to join URISA now.  Being a member of URISA has many
advantages including:

*       URISA Journal - one of the top ranked peer-reviewed journals in
the geospatial industry, published biannually (a $295 value)

*       The GIS Professional - URISA's bimonthly publication with
member-contributed articles on technology, trends, case studies and more
(a $60 value)

*       Publications - online publications library with dozens of
electronic publications and conference proceedings ($3,000 value)

*       Advocacy - national level advocacy in multiple nations for local
interests based on a collaboratively-developed advocacy agenda
(priceless)

*       Affiliation with an International organization active in
advocacy on behalf of members and the profession (priceless)

*       Best Practices - consensus and publication of best practices on
a wide variety of processes and procedures (priceless)

*       Contribution Opportunities for GISPs - conference speaking &
attendance; publication of articles; opportunities for involvement
(priceless)

*       Leadership Development - opportunities to develop or improve
leadership skills within URISA committees and work groups (priceless)

*       Numerous Educational Opportunities - webinars, conferences,
workshops ($200 value)

*       GIS-Pro Annual Conference registration savings ($150 value)

*       Specialty Conference registration savings - GIS/CAMA
Technologies, URISA/NENA Addressing, GIS in Public Health, GIS in Public
Transportation, URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference and more ($375 value)

*       URISA Leadership Academy registration savings ($200 value)

*       URISA Digest - updates on URISA activities, announcements, and
industry news ($40 value)

*       Job Opportunities/Postings - access to comprehensive listings of
job openings ($250 value)

*       Website Forum - opportunity to communicate at any time with
peers and colleagues on issues (priceless)

*       Build Your Professional Network - with members beyond your own
local area and in a variety of disciplines (priceless)

 Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT - Keck & Wood, Inc
ESRI Authorized Instructor
CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer
Immediate Past President GA URISA

Member Florida URISA

Member URISA International

Member URISA Chapter Relations Committee