shrug-l: REMINDER****SHRUG Quarterly Meeting Today, Monday September 27th, 2010

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Sep 27 08:41:36 EDT 2010

I hope the meeting goes well. I am over in Orlando for the URISA GIS-Pro
Conference. The main Conference starts up on Wednesday. If anyone can
make it I encourage you to come on over and spend at least one day at
the Conference. Not only will you earn some education credits for the
GISP, you will get a chance to see what is happening with the GIS field
around the Country and Hemisphere.

Here are some highlights of the Conference:

Wednesday:

Stan Meiburg as our distinguished keynote speaker. He will be talking on
Wednesday morning on Challenges in Using GIS for Environmental
Protection. Given the Oil Spill in the Gulf this is a very timely topic
and fits in well with the discussion at todays SHRUG meeting. There are
also numerous breakout presentations on a range of topics including
partnering for success, defining the GIS Profession, Business of GIS and
more.

Thursday:

Thursday afternoon includes a Plenary Session of Industry Thought
Leaders' Panel Discussion - Industry Direction & Trends.  URISA is
honored to welcome an esteemed group of  industry thought leaders to
participate on a panel to discuss such topics as:

*        Where is the Industry going?

*        What are the next hot trends, issues, opportunities, emerging
technologies?

Participants to include:

*        Ossama Alami, Geo Developer Relations Manager, Google Maps and
Earth

*        Clint Brown, Director of Software Products, Esri

*        Jack Dangermond, President, Esri

*        Joel Campbell, President, ERDAS

*        Rob Culp, Public Sector, Solutions Manager, IBM Global Business
Services

*        Tim Henderson, Business Development Manager, Microsoft Bing
Maps for Enterprise

*        Xavier Lopez, Director of Product Management, Oracle Spatial
Products Group

*        Geoff Zeiss, Director of Technology, Autodesk

Here is the link for more information.

http://www.urisa.org/conferences/aboutgis-pro

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT