shrug-l: RTL and streaming to plotters

Porter, William B. william.porter at famu.edu
Wed Aug 31 11:43:15 EDT 2011

Years ago I frequently streamed data to HP and one Calcomp white
elephant.

I believe I simply turned off the queue,  then sent an RTL plot file and
it streamed in, plotting as it received data.

Now I can't do it.  I'm trying to send a large graphic to a Z6100PS 42
plotter.

The printer driver doesn't seem to have any provision for streaming.  I
can shut off the queue and tell the plotter to start instantly, but even
using ArcPress [I got desperate and moved the graphic into ArcGIS from
Corel PhotoPaint]  I cannot get the thing to print.

I tried to contact HP, but apparently my contract lapsed and they took a
hard line: pay for each question or hang up.

I had my contract with HP through Tri-C computers and they apparently
dissolved.  I was told the nearest HP support is in Tampa.

So  - has anyone streamed data to an HP plotter recently?

Is there an HP support supplier in Tallahassee?

William  B. Porter     william.porter at famu.edu                412 5972

Application Coordinator for GIS / Infrastructure

Florida A&M University

EIT / GIS

1601 S. M L King

Suite 303