shrug-l: TerraSync Uninstall

Joel_Cusick at nps.gov Joel_Cusick at nps.gov
Fri Jul 22 16:18:14 EDT 2011

Jessica,
On that OS, uninstall never worked. two approaches.
1) Best, cleanest.  Do a Factory hard reset.  See support documentation -
its a 3 button style "format".  We recommend for any GPS older than 2
years, and will clean house, returning the device to out of box. will have
to re-install all programs, make your Today changes, but its the best.

2) More cumbersome, not as clean, but if you have to keep things same...
1) Using explorer, clean out my documents/ terrasync (this removes your
DDFs!).  Remove any other instance of terrasync shortcuts, and the common
files.  Then Do a Hard Reset - Power button hold.  Hold for 15 seconds
until screen goes totally black.  Pop back on.  Reinstall.
Joel Cusick
National Park Service/Alaska Regional Office
240 West. 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK - 99501
(907) 644-3549  joel_cusick at nps.gov
+61°13.0213', -149°53.1763', (NAD83 CORS96)
6VUN4499490383 USNG

             "Badner, Jessica,
             DCA"
             <jessica.badner at s                                          To
             tate.nm.us>               "shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us"
             Sent by:                  <shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
             shrug-l-bounces at l                                          cc
             ists.dep.state.fl
             .us                                                   Subject
                                       shrug-l: Terasync uninstall

             07/22/2011 12:10
             PM

I have a very elementary question. I am trying to update our TerraSync
software from 3.01 to 4.12 on a 2005 GeoXH but can’t get the old version to
uninstall.

I went to
        Settings
        System
        Remove program
And uninstalled the old version of Terra Sync. The option shows no programs
now, but TerraSync is still operating on the machine

Trimble’s instructions are to got to

Programs/services and click
Add/remove programs, if add remove programs doesn’t show I should press
“more” to turn it on,  don’t see “more” .

What am I doing wrong?

????

Jessica Badner
Project Director