shrug-l: ArcGIS Desktop Envrionmental Settings

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Wed Jul 27 19:07:38 EDT 2011

Hey all,

I'm guessing, or at least hoping, someone has done this before.

What file(s) in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings

Contain the environmental settings for ArcCatalog and ArcMap, i.e.
folder connections, pane docking, i.e.?

Recently my workstation almost went down for the dirt nap and having to
restore everything after a clean install is a pain...luckily I scraped
by this time.

I'd like to be able to make periodic copies of the environmental
settings so I can drop them in a new install to save myself the trouble
of having to reset everything.

Is this even possible?

Thanks

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Manager, Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2101 Maryland Circle, Tallahassee, Florida 32303

ofc. 850.521.8341   |   cell 850.727.2897

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon