shrug-l: Missing Attribute Table FIXED! SUM

Joe Noble jnoble at ttrs.org
Fri Jul 29 07:18:29 EDT 2011

Thanks for all your responses, please see below for solution.  I am guessing this is the fix all for many problems......

I see that you are not able to see the attribute table whenever you right-click and click on "Open Attribute table". I believe that the below steps may fix the issue that you are facing.

Renaming the ESRI Folders:

The below steps may vary from version to version and also in different OS.

NOTE: PLEASE CLOSE ALL ARCGIS APPLICATIONS THAT ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING IN THE SYSTEM AND THEN PROCEED WITH THE BELOW STEPS.

For Windows XP using 10.0 version:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Application Data\ESRI

For Windows 7 or Vista using 10.0 version:
C:\Users\User Profile\App Data\Roaming\\ESRI

2. User Profile is your current login profile that you are using.
3. If the Application Data is not visible, please go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab > Check Show Hidden Files and Folders.
4. Then Click Ok and Apply.
5. Now you can rename the ESRI Folder as OLD_ESRI from the above path

After renaming the ESRI Folder, we may need to edit the registry in order to make the corrupt entries unavailable for use.

1. Start > Run > Type "regedit" and Click ok.
2. Now go to HHKEY_CURRENT USER > Software > ESRI.
3. Rename the ESRI Folder to OLD_ESRI and Close the window.

Please let me know the updates. I will be looking forward for your response.

Joe Noble
GIS / Information Technology Coordinator
Tall Timbers Research Station and Land Conservancy
13093 Henry Beadel Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32312
850-893-4153   (232) Office
850-510-9848  Cell
www.ttrs.org

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not.    -   Dr. Seuss

Installed ArcGIS 10 on my laptop, simple right click on theme in TOC and request to view attribute table and nothing happens but a screen flicker?? So question is, where is my attribute table?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Joe Noble
GIS / Information Technology Coordinator Tall Timbers Research Station and Land Conservancy
13093 Henry Beadel Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32312
850-893-4153   (232) Office
850-510-9248  Cell