shrug-l: AL URISA Meeting in Mobile on June 10: Advancements in GPS technology and integration into GIS & Alabama Disaster Recovery

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue May 17 10:42:31 EDT 2011

Place: Government Plaza in Downtown Mobile

Times:

Morning Block 10:00  - 12:00

Lunch

Afternoon Block 1:30 - 3:00

Topics: Advancements in GPS technology and integration into GIS &
Alabama Disaster Recovery

Information: Alabama URISA is welcoming representatives from Navigation
Electronics (N.E.I.) who will be presenting on changes that are taking
place to the GPS infrastructure. The session is designed to aid those
involved geospatial fields in preparing for the modifications as well as
accommodation of the technological advancements. Presentation and
questions will take place during the morning hours. Following lunch
there will be a practical demonstration allowing opportunity for hands
on experience. The deviation from our usual half day session is intended
to allow our members and guests to acquire a greater understanding of
changing technology and how it will be applied.

In light of the recent storm events across Alabama and the Southern
States, we also plan to welcome presentations on application of
geospatial technology in disaster recovery.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Vice President, GIS/IT
KECK & WOOD, INC. <http://www.keckwood.com/>

2750 Premiere Parkway, Suite 900, Duluth, GA 30019
Direct (678) 417-4013 | Main (678) 417-4000 | Fax (678) 417-4055

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate