shrug-l: Do you want to edit your ArcGIS Online Data in ArcGIS
tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Mon Jul 23 18:01:01 EDT 2012
ArcGIS Online provides a cost effective and easy way to share data with
those both in and out of your organization using the power of the cloud.
Once you publish your data how do you keep it updated. One of the easiest
ways is to create a quick web application using one of the many templates
available from Esri.
You can also use ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 to edit and update data you are serving
up using ArcGIS Online. All you need to do is the following:
1. Bring your service into ArcMap. (Look at the bottom of the Catalog
Window for My Hosted Map Services)
2. Then right click the layer group (NOT the individual layer)
3. Go to Edit Features and select Create Local Copy for Editing
4. Make whatever edits you need to just like you would any other layer.
Make sure to save edits.
5. When you're done, right click on the layer group again
6. Go back to Edit Features and select Synchronize Local Edits with
Works like a charm. You do need to make sure Editing is enabled for the
Feature Service you are trying to edit.
Need help implementing ArcGIS Online, please feel free to contact us.
Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Chief Executive Officer
<http://www.egisassociates.com/> eGIS Associates, Inc.
<mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax
Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L