shrug-l: Stumped

Thomas, Jim jim_thomas at golder.com
Thu Mar 8 12:02:04 EST 2012

Hi All,

I need to created a definition query that queries the lasest sampling event a various locations on my map.  For example, I have several historical locations that were sampled for MERCURY, but I only want to show the latest result.  The latest dates vary considerable because there's been a lot of activity at this site.  How do I construct my query so that I only pull the latest?

The query below gets verified, but returns no records... I know there are records, so something is wrong.  Can anyone help?

"COLL_DATE"  = (SELECT MAX( "COLL_DATE" ) FROM Historical_Analytical_Results_Locations_point) AND "MATRIX" = 'WATER' AND "ANALYTE" LIKE 'MERCURY, TOTAL' AND "FLAG_ND" = 0

Thanks for your help!

Jim Thomas, GISP | GIS Analyst | Golder Associates Inc.
9428 Baymeadows Road, Suite 400, Jacksonville, Florida, USA 32256
T: +1 (904) 363-3430 | F: +1 (904) 363-3445 | E: jim_thomas at golder.com<mailto:jim_thomas at golder.com> | www.golder.com<http://www.golder.com/>

Work Safe, Home Safe

This email transmission is confidential and may contain proprietary information for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. Any use, distribution or copying of this transmission, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Electronic media is susceptible to unauthorized modification, deterioration, and incompatibility. Accordingly, the electronic media version of any work product may not be relied upon.