shrug-l: RE: SHRUG Workshop Committee Meeting Tuesday, March 13th from 2-4PM

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Mon Mar 12 14:34:28 EDT 2012

If you find value from this list, the annual workshop and other SHRUG
activities, I want to encourage you to volunteer and take part in this
meeting. As someone that is active in many volunteer organizations, I can
tell you an organization is only as good or as strong as its volunteers. New
volunteers bring new ideas, knowledge and experience. Without new blood to
step up and lend a hand, the organization will stagnate.

Volunteering for organizations like SHRUG are a great way to network with
some of the best and brightest. You will get to work with those that share
your passion for GIS and develop a group of professional friends that can be
a great resource as you move forward in your GIS career. It is also a great
way to earn points for your GISP.

You will find being an active volunteer for SHRUG or other professional
organizations to be a very rewarding experience. Trust me as someone the is
currently serving on one local groups broad, one international groups board,
three or more committees and an active member of multiple professional
organizations across several states, it is worth doing.

tcorbin at egisassociates.com | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate