shrug-l: Address Locator Woes

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Tue May 22 14:34:38 EDT 2012


Hey Shruggers,

 

Got something a bit odd here:

 

I have some dual range locators based on NAVTEQ street data. (only
affects the dual range locators)

 

Everything was fine for the past year, all nice and optimized geocoding
in the millions of records/hr.

 

Then all of a sudden the dual range locators stopped working
efficiently, geocoding about 40K records/hr.

 

The configurations for the locators have not changed. I've tried
rebuilding them. Running them as services, running them directly across
the network, locally, against network data, local data, writing over the
network, locally, etc., etc., etc.

 

On multiple computers, different input data sets...same thing.

 

I installed ArcGIS Desktop SP4 about a month ago, but since the
installation up until last week everything was fine.

 

Anybody ever seen a bug with a delayed onset? 

 

Or does someone have any ideas why?

 

Thanks

 

 

 

P.S. Running ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 SP4 on Windows XP Professional, and
Desktop 10.0 SP4 on Server 2008 R2

 

 

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Manager, Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2320 Killearn Center Blvd, Bldg D, Tallahassee, Florida 32309

-------------------------------------------------------

ofc. 850.521.8341   |   cell 850.727.2897

 

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.dep.state.fl.us/pipermail/shrug-l/attachments/20120522/3a48243b/attachment.htm


More information about the SHRUG-L mailing list