shrug-l: GIS Work Challenges Survey

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri Aug 30 11:54:35 EDT 2013

I am passing this along on behalf of URISA International. Please take some
time to help URISA identify challenges you face on a regular basis. This
will help URISA know where it should devote time, efforts and dollars not
only for URISA Members but also in support of the GIS community as a whole.
You do not have to be a URISA member to participate in the Survey.

tcorbin at egisassociates.com | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate

Hi everyone. if you have one more opportunity to ask your chapter members
for input, that would be great. I've included the survey link and the # of
Wednesday to help gather more input:

It's time to refresh the URISA Advocacy Agenda, make sure it still meets our
needs, and modify it if necessary.  To that end, it is absolutely critical
that we hear from members, the geospatial community, and each and every
URISA Chapter.  We will compile the responses and bring the top three
challenges to GIS-Pro.  Thank you very much for helping us find solutions
together to these challenges.

Please participate by August 30 September 4:
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013URISAchallenges>
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013URISAchallenges

Work Challenges 2013
To which URISA Chapter do you belong?
Answer Options  Response Percent        Response Count
ALABAMA 0.0%    0
ALASKA  0.5%    1
ALBERTA 0.5%    1
ARIZONA - organizing    0.5%    1
BAAMA   0.0%    0
BRITISH COLUMBIA        0.0%    0
CARIBBEAN       1.0%    2
CAROLINA        1.6%    3
CENTRAL APPALACHIAN     0.0%    0
CENTRAL CALIFORNIA      0.5%    1
CHESAPEAKE      1.0%    2
CHICAGOLAND     2.6%    5
CUMBERLAND      2.6%    5
FLORIDA 1.6%    3
GEORGIA 14.0%   27
LOUISIANA       0.0%    0
MID-ATLANTIC    2.6%    5
NEW ENGLAND     6.2%    12
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     0.0%    0
NORTHERN ROCKIES        0.0%    0
OHIO    1.0%    2
ONTARIO 1.0%    2
OREGON  43.0%   83
QUEBEC  0.0%    0
ROCKY MOUNTAIN  2.1%    4
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA     10.4%   20
TEXAS   1.6%    3
WASHINGTON STATE        5.7%    11
United Arab Emirates - organizing       0.0%    0

Wendy Nelson

Executive Director - URISA

 <mailto:wnelson at urisa.org> wnelson at urisa.org    <http://www.urisa.org/>
www.urisa.org    847-824-6300

Mark Your Calendar:

 <http://www.urisa.org/conferences/aboutgis-pro> GIS-Pro 2013: URISA's 51st
Annual Conference for GIS Professionals - September 16-19, 2013 -
Providence, Rhode Island

 <http://www.urisa.org/gis_transit> 2013 GIS in Transit Conference - October
16-17, 2013 - Washington, DC

 <http://www.urisa.org/addressing/2013stlouis> Locating the Future
Conference - November 3-6, 2013 - St Louis, Missouri

 <http://www.urisa.org/gis_cama> 18th Annual GIS/CAMA Technologies
Conference - February 24-27, 2014 - Jacksonville, Florida

__._,_.___

U5NzE0BGdycElkAzg5MDM4NTA3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTkwNTczMARtc2dJZAMxMgRzZWMDZnRyBH
NsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzNzc4NzIzMTI-?act=reply&messageNum=12> Reply via web
post

 <mailto:wnelson at urisa.org?subject=Re%3A%20Work%20Challenges> Reply to
sender

 <mailto:urisaCAB at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Work%20Challenges> Reply
to group

U5NzE0BGdycElkAzg5MDM4NTA3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTkwNTczMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBH
N0aW1lAzEzNzc4NzIzMTI-> Start a New Topic

Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzg5MDM4NTA3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTkwNTczMARtc2dJZAMxMgRzZWMD
ZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNzc4NzIzMTIEdHBjSWQDMTI-> Messages in this topic
(1)

Recent Activity:

0BGdycElkAzg5MDM4NTA3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTkwNTczMARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1
lAzEzNzc4NzIzMTI-> Visit Your Group

DM4NTA3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTkwNTczMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM3Nzg3MjMxM
g--> Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
<mailto:urisaCAB-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20For
mat:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
<mailto:urisaCAB-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
Daily Digest .
<mailto:ygroupsnotifications at yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20r
edesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1> Send us Feedback

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=89038507/grpspId=1705905730/msgI
d=12/stime=1377872312>