shrug-l: Can you share table formatting settings with others?

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri Jun 21 15:52:32 EDT 2013

I have come across a unique request form another GIS List. Someone was
asking how to format data in an Excel spreadsheet so currency data is
properly displayed and all numeric fields use thousand separators. I was
able to tell them how to format the spreadsheet in ArcGIS without any
problem.  But here is the rub I have not figured out. How do you make those
formatting settings permanent so that when others add that spreadsheet to
another map they get the same formatting?

If it was a traditional layer and attribute table, I would suggest using a
Layer File (LYR). That is not an option when you bring in a spreadsheet
though. Anyone else got any ideas?

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate