shrug-l: ArcGIS 1: Intro to GIS class May 30-31

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Tue May 21 14:33:21 EDT 2013

There is still time to register for the ArcGIS 1: Introduction to GIS
<http://www.egisassociates.com/arcgis_I_10_1.html>  class we are holding on
May 30 -31 in the Metro Atlanta area. The 2 day Esri developed ArcGIS I
course is a beginner level GIS course which doesn't require any GIS
experience. This course lays the foundation for further GIS skill
development using the ArcGIS platform.

Course Topics:

Topics covered during this course include:

1.      Introduction to Esri's ArcGIS Platform

2.      GIS Basics

3.      What makes data geographic

4.      Mapping features using coordinate systems

5.      Find GIS maps and data

6.      Working with ArcGIS Online content

7.      Exploring a GIS map using ArcMap

8.      Performing simple GIS analysis

9.      Sharing GIS maps

Cost:

The cost to attend this course is $850.00. Discounts are available for
organizations that send 2 or more students or students that register for
multiple classes. A minimum of four students are need to constitute an
instructor led class. Payment or purchase order must be received prior to
the start of class. Any cancellations must be made one week in advance of
the class to receive a refund.

To Register:

To register for this class, please contact me

Where & When:

2750 Premiere Parkway, Suite 900

Duluth, GA 30097

May 30 - 31 (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM)

Course & Instructor Testimonials:

"This course was very helpful to understanding how GIS data can be used in
my job field. Tripp Corbin did an excellent job of involving us and using
examples that relate to me specifically." - Nkenge Jones-Jack, Lead
Epidemiologist LSU School of Public Health

"I thought the course and instructor were excellent. I basically walked into
the course with no knowledge of ArcGIS and feel that I have acquired a very
good basic knowledge of ArcGIS. I definitely want to take additional courses
to improve my knowledge." - Charles Acker, Senior Exploration Geologist
Iluka Resources

"The course really reflects the power of the software." - Erik Orr,
Environmental Scientist HHNT

"Very well presented and thought out. Information is pertinent to activities
I perform on a daily basis. Tripp was very well informed on the product and
processes involved. He was willing to provide extra assistance where needed
and encouraged participation from the entire class. He used common, easily
understandable examples and made sure the presented information was
understood before proceeding." - Bryan Hamrick, GIS Technician City of
Americus

"Very informative class and the instructor was well versed in the
information. He made it interesting." - Jimmy Davis, Stormwater Tech City of
Monroe GA

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We also have an
ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows
<http://www.egisassociates.com/arcgis_ii_10_1.html>  class scheduled for
June 10-12. This is the follow on course from the ArcGIS 1 class. If you
sign up for both, you can receive a discount.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate