shrug-l: Senior GIS Web Programmer position announcement
ruth.roaza at urs.com
Mon Oct 7 13:39:14 EDT 2013
URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior GIS Web Programmer for immediate employment in the Tallahassee, FL office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in GIS Web programming, specific to environmental impact review and assessment. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including developing Web-based GIS applications supporting transportation planning and environmental studies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Designs, programs, or models GIS applications, interfaces, geodatabases, or procedures
* Provides technical support for users of GIS mapping software
* Performs computer programming, data analysis or software development for GIS applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements
* Creates, analyzes, reports, converts, or transfers data using GIS software
* Understands and implements Web and GIS server technology and implements generally accepted best practices
* Develops interface design, site concept and architecture of the Web-based GIS site
* Writes source code for dynamic Web-based GIS sites
* Writes source code that enables Web-based GIS applications to interact with spatial database systems
* Provides coaching to junior-level programmers and GIS staff
* Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of part of a major project or of a total project of moderate scope
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in geography, planning, engineering, computer science, environmental science, or related field
* Minimum 5 years of experience working as a GIS programmer for environmental applications (i.e., wildlife and fisheries biology, land management, natural resources, upland and wetland ecology, environmental impact review and assessment, water resource management, or other related environmental sciences)
* Master's Degree may substitute for up to 2 years of experience
* Experience designing and developing internet Web-based GIS applications using .Net, Java-based, or similar programming languages, SQL, ArcGIS products, and internet mapping services.
* Experience designing and developing internet Web-based applications using Javascipt.
* Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process, Florida's Efficient Transportation Decision Making (ETDM) process, or Florida Department of Transportation's Project Development and Environment (PD&E) process.
* Experience in planning, scheduling, and monitoring GIS or Web development projects
* Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction, and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
Click here to apply<https://www.urs.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=83973> or copy the URL into your browser address bar: https://www.urs.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=83973
Ruth Roaza, GISP
Senior Project Manager
1625 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32317
ruth.roaza at urs.com
This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L