shrug-l: Election Rover opportunities

Christopher Moore MooreChr at leoncountyfl.gov
Tue Aug 5 18:14:54 EDT 2014

Posting this one more time, if you have been considering being a Rover for the Primary Election, please let us know by the end of this week.

We need to start filling the spots for Aug. 26th, there are plenty of spots available.

Thank you
Chris

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=qw88tASL2FFEGqGQD4D6pw

>>> "Christopher Moore" <MooreChr at leoncountyfl.gov> 7/28/14 1:19 PM >>>

This message is being posted with the approval of the Supervisor of Elections Office in Leon County and the SHRUG Board.
==============================
The Supervisor of Elections Office for Leon County has a need for 12-15 reliable, temporary technical staff to assist our office as “Rovers” in the county to help address any technical needs or supply issues on Election Day.
The mandatory work times are as follows, you may choose one or both elections:
**Preference will be given to those who can work both Elections.
·         Monday, August 25th (training 4:00-6:00 p.m. at the Voting Operations Center)
·         Tuesday, August 26th (Primary Election approx 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
-And-
·         Monday, November 3rd (training 4:00-6:00 p.m. at the Voting Operations Center)
·         Tuesday, November 4th (General Election approx 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
These Rovers are required to visit predetermined polling locations on Election Day, as well as respond to technical issues as assigned by SOE staff. Rovers will be outfitted with replacement parts, various election supplies and a mobile device to navigate and receive work orders from our Voting Operations Center.
Rover requirements and compensation:
·         $13/hr for each Election Day and each training session.
·         Mileage reimbursement ($0.56/mile) is also provided.
·         Rover work requires your own reliable transportation.
·         Rovers will work portions of their day in non-daylight hours, and possibly inclement weather.
Give back to SHRUG!
·         If you donate at least one of your day’s wages to SHRUG, you will be rewarded with free entry to the SHRUG November workshop and the Social event (21+ age requirement for social).
·         You may also choose to keep your compensation. A $20 registration discount code will be awarded towards the SHRUG workshop registration fee in November of this year to those who elect to keep all of their election wages.
·         Rovers will keep their mileage reimbursement, regardless of donation selection.
Recognition
·         Those who are selected will be recognized at the SHRUG Workshop held in November.

Apply Here

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=qw88tASL2FFEGqGQD4D6pw

Chris Moore, GISP
Demographics/GIS Manager
Supervisor of Elections Leon County
ph :  850-606-VOTE (8683)
fax:  850-606-8601

Physical Address:
315 South Calhoun Street Suite 110
Tallahassee FL 32301

Mailing Address:
PO Box 7357
Tallahassee FL 32314-7357

Visit our website at:
www.leonvotes.org

Scan this QR barcode to capture my contact information