shrug-l: Soils with Site Index

Scott Warner swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov
Tue Jan 14 16:12:38 EST 2014

Does anyone know where I might find soil data that contains “site index”
information within the data?  Looking for Gulf County soil data, and all I
can find is USDA’s SSURGO data which unless I am overlooking it doesn’t have
anything about site index values/information about each of the soil types.

I really don’t know much about soil, but I do recall listening to a
presentation at a conference that referred to two soil datasets that exist
out there and all I can think of was the SSURGO dataset.

Anybody out there come across such a dataset that might contains site index
information?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Gulf County Board of County Commissioners

Scott Warner, GISP, FPEM - GIS Director/EM Coordinator

1000 Cecil G. Costin, Sr. Blvd Bldg 500

Port St. Joe, Florida 32456

85°17'24.4"W  29°48'48.807"N

Office: (850) 229-6145

Fax: (866) 402-1692

Email:  <mailto:swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov> swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov

County Web Address:   <http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/>
http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov

GIS Department Web Address:   <http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/gis.cfm>
http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/gis.cfm

Emergency Management's Facebook page:
<http://www.facebook.com/GulfCountyEmergencyManagement>

Skype: gulf.county.fl.gis

"Under Florida Law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want
your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not
send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by
telephone or in writing."