shrug-l: 2014 SHRUG GIS Workshop - will you be there

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Tue Oct 28 16:03:51 EDT 2014

Good afternoon fellow SHRUG members

It is hard to believe that November is almost here. You know what that
means? The 2014 SHRUG GIS workshop will be here before you know it and I
can't wait. This is always one of my favorites.

Why is it one of my favorites you ask?? There are so many reasons:

1.       Lots of great presentations from peers in the field. It is great to
see what innovative things our fellow SHRUGGERs have done

2.       Great network building opportunities. I have learned no one person
can know everything. So having friends that know something you don't can be
invaluable.

3.       See what new enhancements are coming for the software I use. Great
to see what Esri has planned for ArcGIS Online or their new ArcGIS Pro or
What new tools Pictometry or CityWorks has planned.

4.       Learning about what issues my peers are dealing with such as
address standards, calculating ROIs, getting training, and more. Just never
know until you are there

5.       Well run program. The committee always does a great job putting
together a great agenda

6.       Good food. Never leave a SHRUG Workshop hungry

So there are a few reasons I love this workshop. I hope each of you are
planning to attend. Of course like anything in life the more you put into
the more you get out. So make sure to submit a presentation (trust me no one
will heckle you. We want to know what you know), submit a poster, or
volunteer to moderate. This will not only make your time at the Workshop
more memorable but also help earn you those pesky Professional Contribution
points needed for the GISP.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate | Esri Certified
Enterprise System Design Associate