shrug-l: GIS Certification Survey - Is GIS certification becoming accepted by the industry

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Tue Apr 21 14:11:26 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am once again conducting my annual survey to see if certifications are
gaining acceptance within the GIS industry or not. This will be the third
year I have conducted this survey and I will once again be sharing the
results at the URISA GIS Pro conference later this year in Spokane
Washington as well as at other conferences.

Please take the time to respond if you use GIS (even if it is not your
primary job), oversee GIS staff hiring, help in the selection process of GIS
Vendors or right GIS policies for your organization. The link to the survey
is provided below. One thing I can share based on past surveys is that a lot
of people do not understand the difference between a Certificate or a
Degree, a Certification or a License. Many see them all as the same thing.
It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.

http://goo.gl/forms/iWm54pDpxc

Thanks in advance for taking the time to complete the survey.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Associate | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design
Associate