shrug-l: Join Us: FLHUG April 6th Meeting @ 3pm EST

Ray, Jason Jason.Ray at em.myflorida.com
Mon Apr 4 12:35:11 EDT 2016

The Florida Hazus User Group (FLHUG) will be holding their monthly meeting this Wednesday, April 6th @ 3pm EST.

We will be discussing a new endeavor with regards to bringing Hazus-MH training to Florida.

There will be a presentation by Kevin Mickey with the Polis Center at IUPUI to discuss this new "Florida Initiative."

"The Florida Initiative"
The idea behind the Florida HAZUS Initiative is to bring a series of training courses to Florida that are usually only offered at the Emergency Management Institute. By bringing the trainings here, we can educate a number of local planners, GIS technicians, and floodplain managers on how to use the HAZUS software in a multitude of applications thereby increasing our internal capabilities in the future.  While this project is in the planning stages, we would like to bring stakeholders to the table now to ensure we get the most out of this program. We will discuss the timeline, offered courses, and future steps for our Florida HAZUS Initiative.

Meeting Information:

      Webinar: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/631811397

Phone: 1-888-670-3525; Pin: 6171416843#

Agenda: Attached
Additional Information:
To be included on future updates about the Florida HAZUS Initiative (if you are not already on the FDEM LMS contact list) please email Melissa Schrader at Melissa.Schrader at em.myflorida.com<mailto:Melissa.Schrader at em.myflorida.com> with your name, email, title, and agency so we can keep you on a mailing list.

Jason Ray, FLHUG Vice Chair
GIS Technician
Florida Division of Emergency Management
jason.ray at em.myflorida.com<mailto:jason.ray at em.myflorida.com>