shrug-l: Some good links...

Adam Carnow acarnow at esri.com
Sun Apr 17 12:00:06 EDT 2016

Thought I would share some good GIS links:

The Zika Emergency is escalating and this is a great way to use GIS to help mitigate a public health issue.  If you're interested in learning more about how you can configure ArcGIS to provide a vector management solution, please contact your Esri representative.  If someone in your organization contacts you about Zika, please contact your Esri representative.  Here is a Story Map showing how GIS can assist: http://arcg.is/1q6pWvy  Check out our white paper here:
http://go.esri.com/vector-borne-disease

Here's a great article showing that you don't have to code to create great GIS web apps:
https://medium.com/@Esri/user-friendly-maps-no-coding-required-843fa5d10ef9#.vc9yy0lxt

If you have not deployed an Open Data solution, you should consider it.  You already own one in ArcGIS.  Here is a story about how a small city is using it:
https://medium.com/@Esri/how-one-small-city-is-mastering-open-data-784ab5bfb979#.tfg3jind4

Here is a blog post on what is new in ArcGIS Open Data:
https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/04/07/whats-new-in-arcgis-open-data-april-2016/

Here is a great example of how Open Data can provide value.  You can connect your planned road closures with Waze so that users of Google apps for routing will get routed around them.  If you are interested in setting this up for your City or County, contact your Esri representative.
http://www.govtech.com/fs/Charlotte-NC-DOT-Partners-with-Waze-for-Connected-Citizens-Program.html

Hopefully I will see you at our Southeast User Conference in Charlotte, NC May 2-4 http://www.esri.com/events/southeast and/or at the International User Conference in San Diego, CA June 27 - July 1 http://www.esri.com/events/user-conference

Adam Carnow, GISP | Account Executive
Esri | 3325 Springbank Lane | Suite 200 | Charlotte, NC 28226
Office: 704.541.9810 x8679 | Cell: 980.355.2956