shrug-l: New version of AGOL BUG with Basic Viewer App

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Tue Dec 20 10:01:06 EST 2016

The other day, Adam sent an email out to the list about the release of a new
version of ArcGIS Online that came out last week. This new version has some
great new capabilities. If you missed Adams email, here are a couple great
links that will let you know more about the new capabilities found in this
latest release of ArcGIS Online:

1.
https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/12/14/whats-new-arcgis-online-decemb
er-2016/

2.            http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/whats-new.htm

However, like all new software versions, it is not without its issues. One
of my friends on another GIS list sent this one over to me yesterday.

If you are using the Basic Viewer App, your labels for a feature service may
not display anymore. Esri is aware of this issue and has logged it as a bug
(BUG-000101571). They also point out that the all apps get updated
periodically to reflect new code and capabilities, so if you are using a
template application please make sure you are using the most current
version. In this case, my friend was using a retired version of the Basic
Viewer app.

If you know of any other bugs with this new version of ArcGIS Online or
ArcGIS 10.5, please let me know.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 0021 | 678-672-8970 Direct Dial

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate

Order my book
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro>
Learning ArcGIS Pro now!