shrug-l: Windows 10 and Map Apps

Duane Treadon duanet at thomasville.org
Wed Feb 17 10:40:24 EST 2016

Hi all,

Here is my situation, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, is there a solution.

I used web app builder to create a zoning look up application for our Planning Dept.  For the map I used published map services from our server instead of uploading the data to ArcGIS Online.  All has been working fine with the web app until recently.  Now when planning staff opens the web app they get the base map (ESRI's Streets) but no layers (our map service for zoning and addresses).  I also had it set to require a log in using staff's city network username and password and that login in box does not pop up now.

Now here is the interesting twist.  The map works as expected on my iPhone and my desktop computer.  On both I am asked to login upon map starting and the map service layers show up once I'm logged in.  However, when I go to the Planning Staff's desktop I get the base map but no login box or map services layers.  The only difference I can determine is that they are using Windows 10 and my desktop is on Windows 7.  We are using same version browsers (Explorer or Fire Fox).  I tested it and found it to work on both browsers in my office, but not on planning staff's machine using same browsers.  I'm thinking that it is related to the different operating systems since the problem started shortly after Planning switched to Windows 10.

So any thoughts on where I need to look to change settings or information I can pass on to IT to correct this.  Anyone else experience this problem after a machine was switched to using Windows 10?

Duane 'JT' Treadon, GISP
Director of GIS | City of Thomasville | Technology Resources
Office: (229) 227-4023 | Cell: (229) 221-5991
111 Victoria Place | P.O. Box 1540 | Thomasville, GA | 31799

The Power of Community. The Power of Service.