shrug-l: JOIN US: Florida Hazus User Group (FLHUG) meeting on Wed. 11/2 @ 3pm EST

Ray, Jason Jason.Ray at em.myflorida.com
Wed Oct 26 12:24:13 EDT 2016

Join us for our monthly Florida Hazus User Group (FLHUG) meeting next Wednesday, 11/2 at 3pm EST.

We will have a presentation by Daniel Rydl and Holly Nowell with FDEM on the "Lessons learned running Hazus-MH 3.1 Wind model for Hurricane Hermine & Hurricane Matthew." Their presentation will discuss problems encountered while modeling Hurricane Hermine in HAZUS MH 3.1, and the corrections made that ensured accurate modeling of Matthew as the storm approached the Florida coastline. More specifically, importing HURREVAC .stm files into HAZUS correctly, utilizing the Hurricane Scenario Management Wizard effectively, and examining raw .stm data to ensure it contains the necessary information for HAZUS to execute properly and create a wind field for further analysis.

Also, we will have an update by Melissa Schloss with FDEM on Florida Hazus Training. She will be updating you on FDEM's coordination with Kevin Mickey, Polis Center regarding training class structure and scheduling. We would like to encourage all participants to give feedback after the update on their preference in class structure for Hazus training in Florida as there are different options to consider.

Meeting Information:
Agenda: Attached
Webinar: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/631811397
Phone: 1-888-670-3525; Pin: 6171416843#
Jason Ray
GIS Administrator
Florida Division of Emergency Management
jason.ray at em.myflorida.com<mailto:jason.ray at em.myflorida.com>