shrug-l: ArcGIS Pro - Be careful when using Custom Project Templates especially if you use File Geodatabases or Shapefiles

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Thu Aug 3 15:15:16 EDT 2017

While ArcGIS Pro has become an impressive application, making use of 64 bit
.NET architecture with a modern ribbon interface, I have found it does have
some gotchas which can make you pull your hair out.

One of these is when you try to use a custom project template. ArcGIS Pro
makes use of projects instead of individual mxd files much like the old
ArcView GIS software did. A single project can contain multiple maps,
layouts, data connections and more. Each new project must be based on a
project template which does what you would expect a template to do. I have
found one issue though if you use a custom project template which includes a
map which already has layers which reference back to a file geodatabase or
shapefile. Watch this video to see this gotcha -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyu439Uownk.

Also check out our currently scheduled training classes at
http://www.egisassociates.com/trainingschedule.html.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 0021 | 678-672-8970 Direct Dial

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate

Order my book
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro>
Learning ArcGIS Pro now!