shrug-l: Geocoding Crash in ArcGIS 10.x

Pence, Patrick Gerald.Pence at talgov.com
Thu Feb 2 16:50:35 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I've been digging around online, but haven't managed to find a satisfactory solution to this issue.  I'm cleaning up some data and re-geocoding against the US Dual Ranges locator in ArcGIS 10.2.2.  I've got the locator attached to the dataset for the Review/Rematch capability.  The data and the locator are both sitting in a File Geodatabase.  I've even set the options to allow for geocoding without a house number or zone.

However, every time I attempt to use the Rematch Automatically, ArcCatalog/ArcMap crashes to the desktop.  I've seen some discussion of NULL values being the cause in the ADDRESS source field, but that's not the case here.  Are there any other reasons or characters that might be causing the behavior?

Anyone have a solution for this, or know if a patch has been released?  I have all the SPs up to date, but I would like to see something indicating that it was a known bug.  I've even tried building a fresh Locator outside of the geodatabase, and I get the same crashing behavior.

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Pence
GIS Coordinator - Public Safety
City of Tallahassee | Technology & Innovations
voice: (850) 891-4941 | fax:
email: patrick.pence at talgov.com<mailto:patrick.pence at talgov.com>
Tallahassee Online Police Statistics (TOPS)<http://www.talgov.com/gis/tops/default.aspx>