shrug-l: Geospatial Data Act of 2017 - URISA issues position.

Butgereit, Richard Richard.Butgereit at em.myflorida.com
Thu Jul 6 14:44:21 EDT 2017

Note that the National States Geographic Information Council has already worked with the bill's sponsors to address what we believe is a misconception by some.

New language has been crafted clarifying the intent for those who had concern about it, and surely the bill will be stronger for it.

You may see this more information -- https://www.nsgic.org/nsgic-stands-behind-geospatial-data-act

Thanks,
Richard Butgereit, GISP, CIO FDEM
richard.butgereit at em.myflorida.com<blocked::mailto:richard.butgereit at em.myflorida.com>