shrug-l: More Symbology for ArcGIS Pro

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Thu Aug 23 11:48:19 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

Many of yall know that ArcGIS Pro out of the box has a very limited
symbology selection compared to ArcMap. I think is largely due to Esri's
desire to optimize ArcGIS Pro for web publishing, so they kept the out of
the box options to a minimum set of symbols which perform well when
published as a web service to AGOL or Portal.

For those of us that still produce hard copy maps, that limited style list
was not enough. I have been importing ArcMap styles which has worked pretty
well. However, I just found a site that Esri publishes ArcGIS Pro styles to
- https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html#
<https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html> . You can download
many styles which greatly increase your symbology selection for ArcGIS Pro.
Some of these mimic ArcMap styles but others are unique to ArcGIS Pro and
look amazing.

I need to thank Eric Pimpler and his recent article
<http://geospatialtraining.com/using-the-arcgis-pro-firefly-style-for-data-v
isualization/>  on the new Firefly style which got me looking for more
ArcGIS Pro styles. Not sure how I missed this great resource before.

I thought I would share this. If the lack of symbol selection has been one
of your concerns about migrating to ArcGIS Pro maybe this new resource will
help.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP | Chief Executive Officer

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 0021 | 678-672-8970 Direct Dial

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate

Order my new
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/arcgis-pro-2x-cookbook>
ArcGIS Pro Cookbook now & don't forget about
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro>
Learning ArcGIS Pro

<https://https/www.packtpub.com/application-development/arcgis-pro-2x-cookbo
ok>