shrug-l: QGIS 3.4 released

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Mon Oct 29 09:12:29 EDT 2018

For those of you using QGIS (http://www.qgis.org) - the 3.4 LTR (Long
Term Release) has been set loose. You can load 3.4 and receive Service
packs and support for one year and not have to worry about functionality
changes in a production environment. For those of you not - shame
(points finger).

You can view the changelog here:
http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.4-LTR/

Of Note:

  * Search through all layers now through the Locator Tool in the bottom
    right of the application
  * Improved Geopackage Support with regards to raster
  * Topology checks while editing
  * Improved Vertex handling with precision and the vertex tool
  * Advanced Digitizing Dock improvements
  * New Expressions in the field Calculator
  * Improvements to 3D Viewer

I'm pretty sure there is a lot more. For those of you on the current
2.18 long term release I'd suggest downloading 3.4 and working with it
for a bit before moving everyone over - it is a bit different from what
you could be used to seeing (in a very good way).

One more thing - late this week or early next should see a brand new
MacOS package being released. It's an "All in one" installer (I've
installed QGIS on Mac twice so I'm not that knowledgeable on it).
There's been a major push to get the Mac Side of the software in order.

Enjoy your shiny new software release!

Randy

--
Randal Hale