shrug-l: FVOTE for this IDEA to CHANGE ESRI Software

Ned Cake CakeE at leoncountyfl.gov
Tue Nov 5 11:43:26 EST 2019

Forwarded to SHRUG List Serve.

From: SWFLGIS <SWFLGIS at leegov.com<mailto:SWFLGIS at leegov.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 10:41 AM
To: SWFLGIS <SWFLGIS at leegov.com<mailto:SWFLGIS at leegov.com>>
Subject: VOTE for this IDEA to CHANGE ESRI Software
How can you help steer the functionality of ESRI software?
The ArcGIS Ideas site serves as a platform for ESRI staff to engage with us ( the customers) and listen to our feedback and gather our ideas.
Then we vote on those ideas to show ESRI that we really want a change!!!

Please vote for this new idea submitted by Josh Ittenbach of Lee County GIS...
Click on this link, log in with your ESRI credentials and let's make a change!!!
https://community.esri.com/ideas/17503-release-23-locators-add-match-with-no-zone-option

  *   The new style locators (release 2.3+) are a big improvement over the classic locators (release 10.0+) and perform better in most instances.
  *   One issue we've found is that they do not have the "Match with no zones" option.  In the classic locators, this allowed batch geocoding without a city name or zip code.  Ideally we would always have this information, but are sometimes tasked with geocoding a table without it.  Our county prohibits duplicate street names so city name or zip code are rarely necessary.
  *   It would be nice if the "Match with no zones" option could be added to the new style locators.  This would allow us the flexibility to geocode tables when that information is not supplied.

If you submit an Idea, let me know and I'll send it to the SWFL GIS User Group...

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Hoyt, GISP
GIS Manager
Lee County
1825 Hendry Street, 3rd Fl.
Fort Myers, FL  33901
http://leegis.leegov.com<http://leegis.leegov.com/>
Phone: 239-533-8558

Check out our Maps & Apps site:  http://leegis.leegov.com/MapsAndApps

"Geography, sir, is ruinous in its effects on the lower classes. Reading, writing, and arithmetic are
comparatively safe, but geography invariably leads to revolution."
(1879 testimony before a Select Committee of the House of Commons, London, England)

P Think Green & please print this e-mail only if necessary.

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.

Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.