shrug-l: ArcGIS Pro Photogrammetry Processing

Kevin Shortelle kevinshortelle at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 4 16:06:08 EST 2020

Fellow Shruggers:

I'm having an issue with ArcGIS Pro.  Hoping someone may have a suggestion
or two...

I have used several photogrammetry applications (e.g., Precision Mapper,
SkyCatch, Pix4D, etc.) to render 2D and 3D imagery based on drone mapping
photos.  Recently, I've started to experiment with the Imagery Workspace
capabilities within ArcGIS Pro to process these photos.  Occasionally, a
project's mapping photos are successfully processed.  However, the
overwhelming majority of the time I get an "Unexpected Error.." indication
while attempting to render either the orthomosaic or DSM, for a project's
mapping photos that were successfully processed by, for instance, Pix4D.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue, and if so, did you
find a work-around?   I've simply used the default settings during
processing, except selecting the *.TIF output option when attempting to
render the orthomosaic or DSM.

Many thanks for your help.

Kevin

FAA Remote Pilot Certified

352-682-5360 |  <http://www.kjsgis.blogspot.com/> www.kjsgis.blogspot.com

"Providing unbiased consulting services focused on unmanned aircraft and
geospatial technologies"