shrug-l: Blue Marble Offers Verified COVID-19 Data Resources

Jones, Rebekah D Rebekah.Jones at flhealth.gov
Thu Mar 26 09:33:27 EDT 2020

SHRUG’ERS:

Since we’re compiling lists of COVID-19 data and mapping products, I thought I’d throw mine into the hat.

I am the GIS Manager for the Department of Health, and put together a data and surveillance dashboard that you might have seen by now, maybe not. It was originally designed to be an event-monitoring resource for DOH, similar to the ones we worked on for Hurricane Michael and Hurricane Dorian, used to survey needs, monitor the event, deploy resources, etc. Then the gov’ner announced on live TV that it was the new face of our public response efforts and BAM. Servers crashing! Code breaking! Emails flooding! Pure chaos! Pandemonium in the streets! Cats and dogs getting married!

Ok, not that crazy, but it’s been a wild ride.  I’m not even a programmer per say so the code behind this is a bit sloppy at the moment (working with ESRI on getting it cleaned up), but I thought I’d share the resource with the krew!

Here’s the “approved” text we send out to data users inquiring about using the data, and the appropriate links:

------
Accessing county and case-line level data:

The Florida Department of Health publishes two feature services that are available for public use. These two layers are the only official and authoritative data counts published by the Department of Health.
A.    1. The case-line data for Florida can be accessed as a hosted table here:  https://services1.arcgis.com/CY1LXxl9zlJeBuRZ/arcgis/rest/services/Florida_COVID19_Case_Line_Data/FeatureServer
a.    About page: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f5d69a918fb747019734d9a90cd602f4#overview
B.    2. The map feature service layer can be accessed here:
https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a7887f1940b34bf5a02c6f7f27a5cb2c
a.    About page: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a7887f1940b34bf5a02c6f7f27a5cb2c
We ask that you use the shortlink to our application built in Experience Builder, as we’ve configured it to auto-detect the type of device used to access the data, and re-route the user to the appropriate dashboard layout based on the user’s device.
The shortlink is: https://arcg.is/0Hfi5O
Additionally, you can create a scaled version of our application to embed into your own native environment by clicking the “<>” embed code at the bottom of the dashboard (in experience builder – desktop only).
Please credit the Florida Department of Health - GIS Office with any representation of the map or dashboard.

Cheers!

Rebekah