shrug-l: Patch Released for ArcGIS Pro 2.5

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri May 8 10:54:02 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,
Esri has released the 2.5.1 patch for ArcGIS Pro. This patch is largely a
bug fix for 2.5 and does not include any major new functionality. Here are
a few of the bugs it fixes which I think are key. There are many more.

   - Allow Copy and Paste to success when you are not the owner if
   privileges are set to allow it.
   - When the select by attribute tool is used on a feature service subtype
   group layer and there is a duplication of the subtype filter in the where
   clause poor performance resulted in the service.
   - When copy and paste is used to copy features from one layer to another
   that has a join, the attributes do not copy.
   - When changes are made to Graduated color symbology to reverse the
   order, they are not reflected in the Contents pane.
   - Python toolboxes can fail to load or cause a system crash if the .pyt
   file has a period in the file name.
   - Publishing a hosted feature layer to Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS
   Online fails with a staging error. This occurs only when the feature layer
   comes from a non-owner enterprise geodatabase connection.
   - The Cut command followed by Paste Special does not paste features.

So as I said this is just a few of the fixes, I thought were important.
There are many more. You can find the complete list at
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/release-notes.htm.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP
Implementation Manager
eGIS Associates (a part of the Davey Resource Group)
tcorbin at egisassociates.com or tripp.corbin at davey.com
eGIS Office:678-710-9710
Davey Resource Group Office: 770-619-5545 Ext 6722
www.egisassociates.com

[image: ESRI - In partnership with Alpine Testing Solutions]

[image: ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10]
<https://www.certmetrics.com/esri/public/badge.aspx?t=c&d=2010-09-23&i=1&ci=ESRI00102079>

[image: Enterprise System Design Associate 10.2]
<https://www.certmetrics.com/esri/public/badge.aspx?t=c&d=2014-02-26&i=25&ci=ESRI00102079>

[image: ArcGIS Desktop Professional 10.3]
<https://www.certmetrics.com/esri/public/badge.aspx?t=c&d=2015-04-30&i=30&ci=ESRI00102079>
Click here
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro> to
order my book,