FW: [Sqg-program] RE: Solvent Wipers

Peter Mitchell sqg-program@lists.dep.state.fl.us
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:56:40 -0500

--=_DAFB817C.E081DF04

Hi Glen
Here in Manatee we no longer check nail salons. Periodically we do send =
out lamp/mercury guidelines to a list of commercial facilities which have =
a floor space greater than  5,000  square feet. The same guidelines are =
sent to the handfull of tanning salons. We were able to generate this list =
with the help of the property appraiser's database.=20

>>> Glen.Perrigan@dep.state.fl.us Monday, January 26, 2004 11:38:17 AM >>>

-----Original Message-----
From: Farouk M. El-Shamy [mailto:felshamy@pascocountyfl.net]=20
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 10:47 AM
To: Perrigan, Glen
Subject: RE: [Sqg-program] RE: Solvent Wipers

The answers to the questions are as follows:

1. We are no longer inspecting the nail salons. The amount of acetone they
use is very minute and does not justify the time spent on them. We, =
however,
are more concerned (believe it or not) about the disinfectants they are
using. They use gallons. The instructions on the bottles indicate they =
must
be rinsed three times and disposed of properly. I wonder what that means.
Just a thought.

2. We are very stringent when it comes to the tanning salons for they
generate hundreds of light bulbs annually. This is no no in Pasco because =
we
have a Resource Recovery Facility. You will be amazed how many light bulbs
they generate.

3. We inspect large and small retailers that generate light bulbs. So =
these
are also included in our daily inspections.