[Sqg-program] CCA-treated wood BMP now available

Perrigan, Glen Glen.Perrigan at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Aug 16 16:05:40 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I just wanted you to know that the document titled, "Guidance for the
Management and Disposal of CCA-Treated Wood" has now been published.  An
electronic version of it is also available at the following web address:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/quick_topics/publications/shw/solid_waste/Co
rrectedCCA_BMPFinalJune2006.pdf

Thanks for your helpful comments to us when this document was being
developed.  We have tried to include them as best we could.  While this
document is not a rule and does not create any standards or criteria which
must be followed by the regulated community, we hope it will be helpful to
folks managing treated wood when they consider alternate ways to deal with
this waste stream.

Please feel free to send this email to any others you believe would be
interested in knowing this information.  Thanks again. - RT

Richard B. Tedder, P.E.
Program Administrator
Solid Waste Section
Department of Environmental Protection