[Sqg-program] RE: [DCHAS-L] EPA, NIOSH, CPSC: School Chemistry Laboratory Safety Guide

Waddell, Dave Dave.Waddell at METROKC.GOV
Thu Dec 7 10:44:49 EST 2006

A couple comments on the NIOSH document.

I agree, in general, that it looks good. I like the fact that it's
succinct and has plenty of references for more info.  Their list of
chemicals of concern is too short, by far, and I have trouble with some
of their choices for one list versus the other.

Dave Waddell

Local Hazardous Waste Mgmt in King County

206-263-3069, dave.waddell at metrokc.gov, www.govlink.org/hazwaste

-----Original Message-----
From: Perrigan, Glen [mailto:Glen.Perrigan at dep.state.fl.us]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 7:20 AM
To: Sqg-program at lists.dep.state.fl.us; flhhw at lists.dep.state.fl.us
Cc: Waddell, Dave
Subject: FW: [DCHAS-L] EPA, NIOSH, CPSC: School Chemistry Laboratory
Safety Guide

Hi All,

I want to pass this info along. See message below regarding link to a
school

lab safety guide produced by NIOSH. I looked over this and it's pretty
good.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2007-107/

NIOSH Publication No. 2007-107:

School Chemistry Laboratory Safety Guide

November 2006

Another good school lab guide is produced by our partners from the Local

Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County (Seattle).

http://www.govlink.org/hazwaste/business/wastedirectory/wastedetails.cfm
?wast

eid=111 and www.govlink.org/hazwaste

Also, if you get a chance take a look at the NIOSH web site. Lots of
good

safety information on Safety and Health Hazards.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/homepage.html

Glen Perrigan

Hazardous Waste Management Section

2600 Blair Stone Road  MS-4555

Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2400

850-245-8749 Fax:  850-412-0528

E-mail: glen.perrigan at dep.state.fl.us  Website:
www.dep.state.fl.us/waste

Please Note:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most written

communications to or from state officials regarding state business are
public

records available to the public and media upon request.  Your e-mail is

communications and may therefore be subject to public disclosure.