[Sqg-program] P2 Week announcement to SQG contacts

Perrigan, Glen Glen.Perrigan at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Jun 28 09:23:21 EDT 2006

Hello to all SQG contacts,

National Pollution Prevention Week, September 18-24, is approaching quickly
and we invite you to join with us in this year's activities to promote your
local programs to Florida's residents.

The statewide theme Healthy Hospitals, Healthy Homes has been chosen because
DEP is a Champion for the Hospitals for Healthy Environment (H2E) initiative.
Green Cleaning is the focus for P2 Week events because it ties in activities
undertaken by the health care industry and the general public.

During P2 Week, we encourage you to partner with your DEP district P2
coordinator, local H2E hospital, Department of Health, and local government
Pollution Prevention, HHW, and outreach coordinators.   Some ideas for
outreach activities to the public include:

*	combining a HHW drop-off with an opportunity for the public to see a
green cleaning demonstration,  receive green cleaner samples, and make a
written commitment with a pledge card
*	participating in a health fair event with the hospital
*	setting up green cleaning booths and pledge cards at Home Depot or
Lowe's
*	holding demonstrations for hospital staff members and visitors

You may think of other green cleaning activities or promotional approaches
that would be well received in your area at other locations such as schools,
libraries, or malls.

Please contact Jill Scarborough or Laura Lassiter with DEP to discuss how
your county can participate in these important outreach events
(jill.scarborough at dep.state.fl.us or laura.lassiter at dep.state.fl.us).
Together we can coordinate a series of events that will encourage behavioral
changes resulting in a positive impact on Florida's environment and glean
positive attention for your program's efforts.

Please forward this e-mail to other interested parties with a copy of your
correspondence to Laura and Jill.   We apologize for any double mailings.

Thanks, and have a great P2 Week,

Betsy Galocy

betsy.galocy at dep.state.fl.us

Pollution Prevention Program MS4570