[Sqg-program] EPA interpretive memo regarding epinephrine salts

Perrigan, Glen Glen.Perrigan at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Nov 21 13:53:26 EST 2007

Hi All

Wishing you the best on during this time of Thanksgiving. I wanted to pass a
bit of info to you which pertains to what we use to consider hazardous waste
but no longer, epinephrine salts, commonly used in various medical
applications. Please take a look at referenced links below.

FDEP Pharmaceutical Waste Guidance:
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/quick_topics/publications/shw/hazardous/Phar
mWasteGuidance_11-05-07_Final.pdf

EPA Guidance Memo:
http://www.epa.gov/region1/healthcare/pdfs/EpiMemo_Final.pdf

This memo is similar to one prepared by the State of Colorado, which is
available at:

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/HM/epinephrinewhtpaper.pdf

FDEP Universal Waste Web Page:
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/categories/hazardous/pages/universal.htm

Glen Perrigan
Hazardous Waste Management Section
2600 Blair Stone Road  MS-4555
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2400
850-245-8749 Fax:  850-412-0528
E-mail: glen.perrigan at dep.state.fl.us
Website:   www.dep.state.fl.us/waste

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Glen.Perrigan@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.