[Sqg-program] Fw: COUNTY HAZARD ANALYSIS ORDINANCE?

Bob.Tollise at mymanatee.org Bob.Tollise at mymanatee.org
Thu Jan 31 11:32:24 EST 2008

Partner "Out Reach" for assistance,

Manatee County wants to increase the safety of our 1st Responders when
they respond to a business  or industrial facility (small or large size)
by considering a HAZARD ANALYSIS ORDINANCE.

This would be a "preplanning tool" which will allow county officials and
Fire departments the ability to "track" all the hazardous materials
"purchased" , "used" , and "discarded" by each and every business.  We
also, would like to "track" the training levels of employees who use these
materials, and "open the door" for inspections.

My question is do you have any knowledge of any other Florida County that
does this?  I realize that our large EHS facilities (60+ in Manatee
County) are under the umbrella of the SARA tier -  two reporting
requirements but we have "hundreds" of smaller businesses that are under
the radar!  Your thoughts?

Bob Tollise
Manatee County Public Safety:  Hazmat Coordinator
(OFFICE) 941-727-6223    (FAX) 941-751-8340
(CELL) 941-737-4845      (DC) 158*5*53593