[Sqg-program] NAHMMA Florida Chapter Elections

Stermer, Andrea AndreaStermer at polk-county.net
Wed Apr 3 16:55:25 EDT 2013

Dear Florida NAHMMA Membership:

The Florida Chapter of the North American Hazardous Materials Management Association (NAHMMA) has nine Executive Committee members that conduct the business of the chapter membership.  This year we have two of those positions expiring.  Each position is a 3-year term:

 *   Gerry Javier (Hillsborough County)
 *   Kathy Ahlen (West Florida Regional Planning Council)

If you love sharing your opinions, like making things happen and have a passion for hazardous materials management, then you should consider running for a position on the Executive Committee this year also!  We are always  looking for new faces (and voices for those conference calls) that are dedicated to the HHW and SQG Programs.  To run you simply need to currently be a NAHMMA member and send me a short bio with your experience and a statement on how you feel you can contribute to the NAHMMA organization.  This nomination needs to be emailed to me no later than the end of business day Friday, April 26th.

NAHMMA is a professional membership organization dedicated to pollution prevention and reducing the hazardous constituents  entering municipal waste streams from households, small businesses and other entities.  NAHMMA chapters are organized to provide a local forum for NAHMMA members facilitating peer-group interaction and exchange of ideas and information relating to hazardous materials management.

There are nine Executive Committee members with four of those holding titles of President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.  These and the other five members assist with various chapter committees such as the workshop planning, training, membership and web.  Four individuals will be voted in by the membership.  Each position comes with a 3 year term; the individual(s) voted on by you would begin their term at the annual workshop on May 7, 2013.  The position held within the Executive Committee will be determined by the entire Executive Committee at our first meeting, which will be held at the annual HHW/SQG Conference in Daytona Beach on Tuesday, May 7th.  Regular board meetings are held as needed via conference call.

I've personally been on the NAHMMA Executive Committee for 6 years now and enjoy helping with the conference planning for the annual HHW/SQG Workshop and getting to know all of the hardworking HHW/SQG staff throughout the state.

Thank you for your consideration!  Please remember to respond with your bio no later than Friday, April 26th.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE308C.08F52000]<http://www.eqonline.com/Home.aspx>Curt DeBrunner
Account Executive

EQ - The Environmental Quality Company
7202 East 8th Avenue
Tampa, FL 33619
T: (813) 495-1060  F: (813) 628-0842
curt.debrunner at eqonline.com<mailto:curt.debrunner at eqonline.com>

Customer Service: 800-624-5302
Emergency Response: 800-839-3975

www.eqonline.com<http://www.eqonline.com>

Please Note: Florida has a very broad Public Records Law.
Most written communications to or from State and Local
Officials regarding State or Local business are public records
available to the public and media upon request. Your email
communications
may therefore be subject to public disclosure.