[Sqg-program] FW: Feb 3 Webinar on 2015 Definition of Solid Waste
Stefan.Merklein at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Jan 27 08:39:29 EST 2015
All are encouraged to dial in to this webinar regarding DSW final rule. This may be adopted in Florida.
From: Perrigan, Glen
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:12 AM
To: Merklein, Stefan
Cc: Scarborough, Jill R.; Curran, Kimberley; Tenace, Laurie
Subject: FW: Feb 3 Webinar on 2015 Definition of Solid Waste Final Rule
We invite you to attend a webinar on the 2015 Definition of Solid Waste (DSW) final rule scheduled for Tuesday, February 3, 2015. Please note that this presentation is essentially the same as the one provided to the states and Regions last Tuesday, January 20, 2015 so we ask that you only call in if you missed the original presentation.
Overview of 2015 DSW Final Rule
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. EST
Dial-in Toll Free: 1 (866) 528-5873
Conf Code: 67716775
* To use your telephone, use the phone number above. To use computer audio, you will need your computer speakers with the volume turned up. The audio will stream automatically once you have joined Adobe Connect.
* If using your telephone, please dial in 15 minutes early in order to speak to the operator and be placed in the call.
* There is a limit to how many lines our webinar can support, so we encourage folks to listen together in groups. (A second webinar is also scheduled for February 19, 2015.)
*If you are hearing-impaired or need special accommodations, please contact Amanda Kohler at kohler.amanda at epa.gov<mailto:kohler.amanda at epa.gov> or 703-347-8975.
Webinar Link: https://epa.connectsolutions.com/dswfinalrule/
* If you do not have a username or password for Adobe Connect, choose "Enter as a Guest," type in your first and last name, and click "Enter Room."
* To save time, check your system before the meeting to make sure it is ready to use Adobe Connect - http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm<http://pps.convio.net/site/R?i=3_spX6p24FwIAOvjD9QTIQ>.
* If you are encountering issues when joining the meeting, please review this Visual Quick Start Guide<http://pps.convio.net/site/R?i=mBVhLNEMoUM0v2OXtoSnmA>.
* Adobe Connect can be used to record meetings. By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting.
About the 2015 DSW Final Rule
The January 13, 2015, DSW Final Rule modifies the EPA's 2008 Definition of Solid Waste (DSW) rule to ensure it protects human health and the environment from the mismanagement of hazardous secondary materials intended for recycling, while promoting sustainability through the encouragement of safe and environmentally responsible recycling of these materials. During the call, the EPA rule writers will explain the major revisions in the rule, which include the following:
(1) Replacing the 2008 transfer-based exclusion with the new verified recycler exclusion;
(2) Establishing a clear, uniform legitimate recycling standard for all hazardous secondary materials recycling;
(3) Retaining the 2008 generator-controlled exclusion with strengthened conditions, including a codified contained standard;
(4) Revising the existing solid waste variance criteria and procedures; and
(5) Promulgating a new targeted remanufacturing exclusion for certain higher-value hazardous spent solvents that are being remanufactured into commercial-grade products.
For more information about the DSW rule, see EPA's website: http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/hazard/dsw/rulemaking.htm.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sqg-program