[Sqg-program] FW: Travel Updates

Noland, Tiffaney Tiffaney.Noland at FloridaDEP.gov
Mon Mar 16 10:49:11 EDT 2020

FYI

From: From the Desk of Leslie Reed, Chief of Staff <FromtheDeskofLeslieReed at floridadep.gov>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:54 PM
Subject: Travel Updates

[Florida Department of Environmental Protection]

From the Desk of Leslie Reed, Chief of Staff

Good Afternoon,

DEP is continuing to coordinate with state and federal agencies to best protect the public and our staff.

Today, to further prioritize the prevention of the transmission of COVID-19, the department is suspending all travel for staff for the next 30 days. If staff believe travel is necessary and mission critical, it must be approved by executive staff directors. In lieu of traveling for meetings, we encourage your teams to utilize Skype and conference calls, as necessary.

In addition, the Secretary’s Office is currently evaluating all DEP scheduled events for the next 30 days and will be coordinating with the Communications Office and Deputy Secretaries to ensure consistency across the agency. You will be provided guidance regarding cancellation and rescheduling of public meetings and events in the near future.

We continue to remind you to abide by DOH guidance. Most importantly, if you think you are sick, please stay home. Avoid contact with others who are sick and utilize the recommended effective hygienic practices in the workplace. Every preventative action helps impede the spread of respiratory diseases.

Thank you,
Leslie Reed
Chief of Staff