[Pharmwaste] Pharm waste to energy

Bunnell, Ross Ross.Bunnell at po.state.ct.us
Wed Aug 1 15:11:00 EDT 2007

Matthew:

The Connecticut DEP is also looking into the possibility of incineration as a means of disposal for collected waste pharmaceuticals.  Have you or anyone in the Maine DEP looked at the issue of possible emissions from the combustion of waste pharmaceuticals, and in particular, the kinds of temperatures and/or emissions controls that would be required to safely burn them?

- - Ross Bunnell, CT DEP
Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance
Waste Engineering & Enforcement Division
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127
Tel. (860) 424-3274  Fax (860) 424-4059