[Pharmwaste] FW: APhA recommendations for drug disposal

DeBiasi,Deborah dldebiasi at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Aug 3 15:17:17 EDT 2007

February 14, 2007     APhA (American Pharmacists Association) Provides Guidance on Proper Medication Disposal Use with Respect and Discard with Care
 http://www.aphanet.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=News_Releases1&CONTENTID=7481&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

February 20, 2007		The Federal Government, including the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, the Dept. of Health & Human Services, and the Environmental Protection Agency jointly issued guidelines for proper disposal of prescription drugs.  http://www.ondcp.gov/news/press07/022007.html

February, 2007		The White Office expanded the previous announcement and added the list of drugs that should still be disposed of by flushing.        http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/pdf/prescrip_disposal.pdf

March 17, 2007  	The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) have banded together to help protect our nation's fish and aquatic resources from improper disposal of medication.    http://www.aphanet.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=News_Releases1&CONTENTID=7657&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm